Please choose the correct answers:
11. The plaintiff must prove that the defendant was grossly negligent under the theory of strict liability. ( True or False )
12. The expectation that a community places on the actions of firms inside that community s borders is known as the
( a. Common law/ b. Civil duty / c.business ethics/ d. Social responsibility of business )
13. A durable power of attorney is a written document, created by a principal, expressing his or her wishes for an agent's authority to be terminated by the principal s subsequent incapacity.
( True or False )
14. Important business values that influence business ethics include
( a.health, freedom, security/ b. Freedom, profit, justice/ c.security, efficiency, and freedom/ d.justice profit health. )
15. Which of the following are considered stakeholders in a firm?
( a. customer/ b. employees/ c. future generations/ d. All of the choice are correct )
16. If either the principal or the agent dies, the agency relationship is ________.
( a.renewed/ b.terminated by court order/ c. automatically terminated/ d. Transferred )
17. Which of the following are ineligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy relief?
( a. Banks / b. railroads/ c. health and maintenance organizations / d. Banks, railroads, and health maintenance organizations/ e. Banks and railroads, but not health maintenance organizations )
18. When the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency banned the use of the pesticide DBCP in 1979, the Dole Food Company __________________ using DBCP in its Latin America plantations.
( a. Immediately stopped/ b. Stopped within one year/ c.stopped with 10 years/ d. Never stopped )
19. Once a voluntary liquidation proceeding under Chapter 7 is filed, the debtor's prepetition assets form the ______.
( a. Trust corpus / b. Probate estate/ c.trust estate/ d.bankruptcy estate/ e.reversionary asset pool )
20. In 1993, residents of ___________________ sued Chevron for environmental damage, economic losses, and diseases related to toxic contaminants.
( a. Texas/ b.California/ c. Ecuador / d.Mexico )
11.The plaintiff must prove that the defendant was grossly negligent under the theory of strict liability. ( True or False )... View the full answer