I am supposed to produce two to three page document after reading the following descriptions of each candidate below, I am unsure how to format, using the following information ---
(1= high skills, low motivation; 2= low skills, low motivation; 3 = high skills, high motivation, 4 = low skills, high motivation)
**In this scenario, I have been recently promoted to lead a new division of Company XYZ. This company is known for its team-oriented atmosphere, and my boss has raved about some of my natural leadership qualities. My first task is to assemble the best team possible from the potential candidates listed below.**
1. Classify each team member into one of the four matrix areas.
2. Discuss the recommended action for each employee depending on his/her classification.
3. Distinguish if my role as the leader will be a facilitator, coach, or a combination of the two.
4. Examine which team competencies would benefit from shared leadership.
Each Candidate Description:
Alice has been a great asset since joining Company XYZ. She is responsible for improving some of the old processes and is involved in many training initiatives due to her extensive knowledge and skills. Alice consistently provides great results and strives to do her best.
Bill has shown that he will do whatever it takes to contribute to the team, and he often goes the extra mile when given a task. However, the result is not always up to par due to some lagging skills. Chris Chris has not displayed much drive, and his skills have been questioned by other members of Company XYZ. Although other team members have questioned his skills, he gets along well with everyone.
Doug is a member of three committees and is always eager to learn. He has only been with the company for a year, and he believed that joining a few committees would give him a chance to learn more. He has shown some improvement, but he could use more training in some key areas.
Erica has displayed that she has what it takes to contribute to the team, but her results have declined lately. Her skills have never been questioned by anyone, but her willingness to perform at a high level has been questioned. Lisa Lisa is one of Company XYZ's top performers, and many employees view her as a natural leader. She is always willing to learn a new task and usually masters the task in a very short period
Recently Asked Questions
- All the following are true about nontaxable employee fringe benefits, except 1.There are no dollar limits on the amount of nontaxable fringe benefits.
- A fair coin is flipped independently until the first Heads is observed. Let the random variable K be the number of tosses until the first Heads is observed
- Solid sodium peroxide (Na 2 O 2 ) reacts with liquid water yielding aqueous sodium hydroxide and oxygen gas. How much heat is released when 250.0 L of oxygen