I am supposed to produce two to three page document after reading the following descriptions of each candidate below, I am unsure how to format, using the following information ---
(1= high skills, low motivation; 2= low skills, low motivation; 3 = high skills, high motivation, 4 = low skills, high motivation)
**In this scenario, I have been recently promoted to lead a new division of Company XYZ. This company is known for its team-oriented atmosphere, and my boss has raved about some of my natural leadership qualities. My first task is to assemble the best team possible from the potential candidates listed below.**
1. Classify each team member into one of the four matrix areas.
2. Discuss the recommended action for each employee depending on his/her classification.
3. Distinguish if my role as the leader will be a facilitator, coach, or a combination of the two.
4. Examine which team competencies would benefit from shared leadership.
Each Candidate Description:
Alice has been a great asset since joining Company XYZ. She is responsible for improving some of the old processes and is involved in many training initiatives due to her extensive knowledge and skills. Alice consistently provides great results and strives to do her best.
Bill has shown that he will do whatever it takes to contribute to the team, and he often goes the extra mile when given a task. However, the result is not always up to par due to some lagging skills. Chris Chris has not displayed much drive, and his skills have been questioned by other members of Company XYZ. Although other team members have questioned his skills, he gets along well with everyone.
Doug is a member of three committees and is always eager to learn. He has only been with the company for a year, and he believed that joining a few committees would give him a chance to learn more. He has shown some improvement, but he could use more training in some key areas.
Erica has displayed that she has what it takes to contribute to the team, but her results have declined lately. Her skills have never been questioned by anyone, but her willingness to perform at a high level has been questioned. Lisa Lisa is one of Company XYZ's top performers, and many employees view her as a natural leader. She is always willing to learn a new task and usually masters the task in a very short period
Recently Asked Questions
- The Organs of the Digestive System This unit we learned about the organs that comprise the digestive system. Which organs of the digestive system can be
- For what reasons and under what circumstances should the leadership of a special education program voluntarily refuse to accept a grant?
- Identify how these terms may be contested by using relevant Organisational Analysis perspectives. The following are for your revision. 1. Radical