(1) According to Jensen et al (2007) it is possible to distinguish between a 'Science, Technology and Innovation' mode of innovation (STI) and a 'Doing, Using and Interacting' (DUI) mode. Distinguish the key characteristics of these two different modes of innovation and discuss how firms following a STI mode are likely to differ in the way they organise their innovation process from firms following a DUI mode.
(2) Why should a firm whose competitive strategy is based on innovation locate in a cluster? When would an innovating firm avoid locating in a cluster?
(3) Discuss and evaluate the usefulness of Viotti's (2002) distinction between passive and active learning. To what extent do you agree with the idea that the development of active learning strategies by firms depends not only on their internal efforts but on the nature of their national innovation systems?
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the DISCOUNTED payback period (decimal YEARS) for an investment of $48,000 with an annual investment income of $6,000 starting at the end of the first
- Compare and contrast two works of art done in two different eras/styles. Select from the following pairs of eras/styles: Medieval and Renaissance, Baroque
- a student is chosen at random. what is the probability that the student was female._______