(1) According to Jensen et al (2007) it is possible to distinguish between a 'Science, Technology and Innovation' mode of innovation (STI) and a 'Doing, Using and Interacting' (DUI) mode. Distinguish the key characteristics of these two different modes of innovation and discuss how firms following a STI mode are likely to differ in the way they organise their innovation process from firms following a DUI mode.
(2) Why should a firm whose competitive strategy is based on innovation locate in a cluster? When would an innovating firm avoid locating in a cluster?
(3) Discuss and evaluate the usefulness of Viotti's (2002) distinction between passive and active learning. To what extent do you agree with the idea that the development of active learning strategies by firms depends not only on their internal efforts but on the nature of their national innovation systems?
Recently Asked Questions
- A drug X is shown to have a volume of distribution of about 3 to 5 L . What can be said about the properties of drug X ?
- occurs for inductively coupled plasma-mass spectroscopy when the interfering species has the same mass-to-charge ratio as the analyte ion .
- Which of the following is a phase I drug metabolism reaction ?