(1) According to Jensen et al (2007) it is possible to distinguish between a 'Science, Technology and Innovation' mode of innovation (STI) and a 'Doing, Using and Interacting' (DUI) mode. Distinguish the key characteristics of these two different modes of innovation and discuss how firms following a STI mode are likely to differ in the way they organise their innovation process from firms following a DUI mode.
(2) Why should a firm whose competitive strategy is based on innovation locate in a cluster? When would an innovating firm avoid locating in a cluster?
(3) Discuss and evaluate the usefulness of Viotti's (2002) distinction between passive and active learning. To what extent do you agree with the idea that the development of active learning strategies by firms depends not only on their internal efforts but on the nature of their national innovation systems?
Recently Asked Questions
- We can infer from the passage that GM food will _____
- Need help with these three questions please QSO 322 Acme Bicycle Case Study The purpose of this case study is to apply a number of the key concepts covered
- Please solve the below: I am unable to attach any file. The need to articulate your advice clearly, and comprehensively cover all the key issues for a client