1. Identify an issue or problem at your workplace, or at a suitable organisation, in which market research could be used to identify a solution. Note: If you are to use another business, you will need to obtain approval from your facilitator and the organisation owner (preferably in writing) before proceeding.
2. You will need to document the consultation process you use during this project, including details of:
who you consulted, including their name and role
when you consulted them and what the consultation related to (e.g. finalising the research needs, gaining approval to move from proposal to scope stage etc.)
how the consultation was done (i.e. where, when and how).
3. Prepare a proposal for your proposed research that includes:
an explanation of the identified issue/problem and what role market research can play in identifying the underlying causes and resolving it
what the research needs of your workplace/organisation are based on an analysis of the organisation's enterprise planning and performance documentation.
4. Prepare a preliminary project scope for your research that:
identifies the human, financial and physical resources required and available
identifies any external market research assistance that will be required
describes possible research locations
describes your planned research methodologies
explains the sample size and nature of your sample
documents the time required and available.
5. Discuss your project scope with your manager / the organisation owner, document their feedback and use this to finalise your project scope.
6. Prepare a Market Research Plan for approval that includes:
a description of the problem or issue to be addressed
the research objectives
the finalised project scope
a description of the research methods and sources of data
the types of data required to inform objectives
combinations of types of data to best inform objectives
identifying and evaluating suitable data gathering methods
quantifying required data
identifying and evaluating suitable data processing methods
a feasibility report
a detailed project plan including time lines, key milestones and cost estimates.
7. Have your research plan approved (in writing) by your manager/the organisation owner
Recently Asked Questions
- I want to write report on following addressing the following tasks Analyse the implications and challenges for the management of human resources in business
- I don't understand the the four stages of mitosis, I need a tutor to help me understand the 4 stages of mitosis better.
- The average CEO is 56 years old, assuming the variable is normally distributed, if the standard divination is 3 years, find the probability that the age of a