I need help setting up a Spreadsheet in Excel please, NOT using "Solver" or Word. (Chapter 7, Quantitative Analysis, BA 540):
Working with chemists at Virginia Tech and George Washington Universities, landscape contractor
Kenneth Golding blended his own fertilizer, called "Golding-Grow." It consists of four chemical compounds, C-30, C-92, D-21, and E-11. The cost per pound for each compound is indicated as follows:
Chemical Compound - Cost per pound
The specifications for Golding-Grow are as follows:
(1) E-11 must constitute at least 15% of the blend;
(2) C-92 and C-30 must together constitute at least 45% of the blend;
(3) D-21 and C-92 can together constitute no more than 30% of the blend; and
(4) Golding-Grow is packaged and sold in 50-pound bags.
Formulate an LP problem in Excel to determine what blend of the four chemicals will allow Golding to minimize the cost of a 50-pound bag of the fertilizer.
Note that you can use a modified version of the layout that was used to demonstrate the Product Blend technique in class to solve this problem.
You are on the right track if the optimized cost of a 50 pound bag is $3.35.
Recently Asked Questions
- 12 guiding principles for compliance for fast food industry
- I need help with question number 4. I’m trying to find how much interest left in fund. Please show me the step to how to find the interest left in fund.
- Dear Tutors Considering that Management accounts help detect adverse trends and provide a basis for sound informed decision making by the owners, I would like