Please response to this thread
1) One additional challenge a global marketing team may experience when creating international advertising campaigns is a language barrier. Language mishaps, such as phrases being mistranslated, can backfire on a company because they may offend or insult the host country. A second additional challenge is religion. Kotabe and Helsen (2017) used the Proctor & Gamble example, where the company had to show the hair of another woman in its Saudi Arabian commercial for Pert Plus, since it is a Muslim-country and women can only be in TV commercials if they are veiled.
2) It is important to use expatriates when expanding into new countries because a company can fill managerial and technical skills gaps, and gain international management experience (Kotabe & Helsen, 2017). The following are three benefits of recruiting expatriates for an organization prior to expanding into a new country:
1- Better communication since the expatriate is familiar with the company's home office and its products.
2- The expatriate acts like a liaison between the company and host county because he or she will be embedded in the culture; this can help the company avoid cultural or language mishaps when translating ideas or slogans
3- Career development for the expatriate, which can benefit the company later on; this person may rise to a managerial role and will have the international perspective to develop into a good leader.
Kotabe, M., & Helsen, K. (2017). Global marketing management (7th ed.). Hoboken, N.J.: John
Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider the following plain vanilla swap. Party A pays a fixed rate 8.29% per annum on a semiannual basis (180/360), and receives from Party B LIBOR+30 basis
- What are your recommendations? Question 1 You're installing a new network for your organization. There will be 10 client computers running Windows 10, and your
- The slope of the tangent line to the parabolay=4x^2+4x+4at the point wherex=3is: slope = The equation of this tangent line can be written in the formy=mx+b