11. Since the seventeenth century, the orchestra has
A. remained exactly the same. B. grown in size. C. included instruments of the string family exclusively. D. decreased in size.
12. The phrase "harmony is vertical" means that
A. harmony involves notes that sound at the same time. B. harmony includes every note in an octave. C. notes in a harmony only increase in pitch. D. the singers in a harmony improvise notes from up and down a scale.
13. The Renaissance of music began in approximately the year
A. 1300. B. 1400. C. 1500. D. 1450.
14. The first beat of the measure is the
A. downbeat. B. least important. C. meter. D. upbeat.
15. Palestrina attempted to compose music for the Church that was
A. homophonic. B. simple. C. in English. D. fast.
11. C. included instruments of the string family... View the full answer