16. A round or canon uses _______ imitation.
A. simple B. standard C. variable D. strict
17. Shifting from one key to another within a single composition is called
A. variation. B. counterpoint. C. modulation. D. canon.
18. The organization of notes into regular groups results in
A. patterns of long and short notes. B. a steady beat. C. some notes sounding more prominent than others. D. all notes lasting for the same amount of time.
19. The first beat of the measure is the
A. downbeat. B. least important. C. meter. D. upbeat.
20. A theme is a melodic idea that's
A. a two-measure song. B. always in a minor key. C. of lesser importance than other musical ideas. D. stated and restated in different forms
16. A round or canon uses _______ imitation. A. simple B. standard C. variable ... View the full answer