Each of the following questions are worth 10 marks from 51-55
51/ - Describe managers' interpersonal roles as described by Henry Mintzberg and provide examples to illustrate your understanding.
52/ - Explain the concept of media richness.
53/ - List the six areas of organisational control and explain two of these illustrating your discussion with simple examples.
54/ - Discuss three out of the nine tactics of influencing others.
55/ - Describe at least three supertrends that are occurring in business that are likely to result in changes in many industries. Provide an example of each.
Question 56 is a 20marker
56/ - Bass (1990, p.383) argues that "leaders manage and managers lead, but the two activities are not synonymous". Henry Mintzberg, however, disagrees and states that manager and leader are one and the same, arguing that "leadership cannot simply delegate management; instead of distinguishing managers from leaders, we should be seeing managers as leaders, and leadership as management practiced well" (2009, p. 9).
1) Who do you agree with and why?
2) What does it mean to be a manager and/or a leader in the context of today's increasingly complex and uncertain environment? Support your argumentation with appropriate evidence/examples.
Recently Asked Questions
- Describe how a healthcare system consists of organizational units and processes by which a society determines the choices concerning the production,
- The Filipinos who rose up against the American military occupation of their islands hoped to prevail by A. allying themselves with the Spanish army. B. using
- During the late 19th century, most white Americans tended to believe that in world affairs the United States: A. had a special role and "mission." B. should