1. Develop a detailed selection plan for this position. In this case, you should determine what you want to measure by analyzing KSAOs from the job description and the information on organizational culture in the case, and fitting the selection measures into the plan format as shown in Table 8.2 in the book. The current selection methods are the experience check, education check, Marshfield Applicant Exam, and the Retail Knowledge Test. Do not include the current interview as part of the selection plan.
2. Based on the materials you have compiled as part of the selection plan, you will determine which KSAOs are not being measured adequately in the current system. Those KSAOs not being measured adequately will be prime candidates for inclusion in the new selection system.
3. Develop initial interview questions. Staffing services believes that a half-hour interview will be appropriate, with about 3 minutes per interview question. They would like 5 behavioral interview questions and 5 situational interview questions. Each interview question should have a very specific KSAO target as shown in the example.
4. Develop a scoring key for each interview question. This means you will have ten different scoring keys.
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following statements about broad trends in financial intermediation since 1990 is FALSE: (a) housing loans have grown as a share of total bank
- 1. Interest Rate Risk: the Repricing Model of managing interest rate risk: (a) is no longer in use today (b) measures the weighted average time to maturity of
- Which ofthe following statements about broad trends in financial intermediation since 1990 is FALSE: (a) housing loans have grown as a share oftotal bank loans