Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- I would like someone to review my prospectus and just add material to it. (In bold) The prospectus needs a 'gap' and on the topic of 'eye tracing.' If someone
- The operating budget for a certain company shows a net income of $ 284 comma 690. $284,690. To achieve this, the company is targeting sales of $ 606 comma
- If I record a debit to cash it will: a. Have no effect on the account balance b. Depend on the current balance as to if it increases/decreases c. Decrease the