Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between an income statement and a cash flow statement? Please also explain how each are used. Emergency Response Mary Ann, a medical
- According to IDC , Apple 's share of the smartphone market was 40.4 % during a recent quarter . A random sample of 90 smartphone users was selected . The
- Picture a competitive market with the usual upward sloping supply curve and downward sloping demand curve . If the current price is creating a shortage , then