Resource: Appendix 1 of Critical Thinking
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Read the article “Controlling Irrational Fears After 9/11” on pp. 456-458 of Appendix 1.
Identify at least two arguments in the article. Outline the premises and conclusions of each argument you find. Then, answer the following questions for each argument, making sure to explain how you arrived at your answers.
· Do the premises sufficiently support the conclusions? Explain.
· Are the arguments either deductively valid or inductively strong, or are they invalid or weak? Explain.
· Are the premises true or plausibly true, or are they difficult to prove? Explain.
Note that you may choose to evaluate invalid or weak arguments as long as you describe how they are invalid or weak.
Your paper should be written in at least 250 words!
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.Write the balanced chemical equation that describes acetic acid being neutralized by sodium hydroxide. Give ONLY the stoichiometric coefficients using the
- Describe how income taxes affect the cash flows of a strategic investment. Describe the pros and cons of each of the capital budgeting methods learned in this
- What are the major tasks in managing working capital and cash flow for international operations? What are the major steps in capital budgeting? For what types