Jim Bowden has been operating his business for some time now and thinks it is time to grow and expand. To compute the cost of expanding his existing business, Jim Bowden makes the following estimates:
Adjacent lot $40,000
Metal prefab building 25,000
Hydraulic lifts 15,000
Tools and equipment 9,000
Parts and inventory 5,000
Additional operating expenses 55,000
1. Classify Jim's expansion estimates into the three categories of capital: (a) fixed capital requirements, (b) working capital requirements, and (c) growth capital requirements.
2. Explain to Jim the possible (and realistic) sources of capital for expansion. Where would you recommend that he go for the funds he needs? Why?
Write a 500 word paper responding to the questions above. Be sure to use the information from the text and lesson and any other reference material needed to support your position.
Recently Asked Questions
- Suppose you are a new board member for an emerging not-for-profit organization. You wish to attract new donors. discuss how financial reporting and analysis
- What is your comments on this forum? At the age of 13, Andrew Jackson fought in the Battle of Hanging Rock (1780) where he was captured by the British forces.
- What does playing with the word order do for the poem anyone live in a pretty how town