Case Study #2
Michael is a 40-year-old airline pilot who has recently begun to experience chest pains. The chest pains began when Michael signed his final divorce papers, ending his 15-year marriage. He fought for joint custody of his two children, ages 12 and 10, but although he wants to be with them more frequently, he only sees them every two weeks. This schedule is, in great part, a result of his employer's announcement that budget constraints would result in layoffs. Michael worries that without his job he will be unable to support his children and lose the new townhouse that he purchased. Michael's chest pains are becoming more frequent and he fears that he may be dying.
3. How might Michaels’s situation illustrate adjustment? How might this situation become an opportunity for personal growth?
4. What defensive coping methods are Michael using? What active coping methods might be healthier for Michael to use? Explain why you would recommend these methods.
5. Select one theory of personality and use this theory to tell Michael how this theory explains his situation.
7. What relationship factors or considerations might be influencing Michael’s problems?
Recently Asked Questions
- I need help to prepare a projected income statement for 2019 (in good form) using the variable costing approach. Also show revenues, costs, and net operating
- The United States regime of securities regulation is irretrievably broken. Agree or disagree and explain your rationale.
- Explain whether current SEC whistleblower rules and provisions provide the proper incentives to meet the intended objectives and policy rationale of the