A. Hiring, training, appraising, and firing
B. Marketing, finance, accounting, and production
C. Planning, operations, labor, and contracting
D. Planning, leading, controlling, and organizing
2) Planning involves all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Deciding actions to be taken
B. Determining objectives
C. Determining rewards for goals achievement
D. Analyzing current situations
3) Building a dynamic organization is another way of describing which function of management?
4) Specific government organizations in a firm's immediate task environment are called ______________.
A. economic indicators
B. new entrants
5) Robert was recently hired as the workplace safety compliance officer at ABC Power Company. Robert will have the responsibility to monitor regulations from which of these government agencies?
A. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
B. Environmental Protection Agency
C. National Labor Relations Board
D. Federal Communications Commission
6) Amy Jane, a new manager at C & D Grooming, has been asked to focus on the competitive environment of the organization. Which of these factors is among those Amy Jane should focus on?
D. Government policies
7) The assignment of additional responsibilities to a subordinate is referred to as:
A. Span of control
8) The assignment of different tasks to different people or groups is the:
A. Value chain
B. Organization structure
C. Division of labor
D. Strategic plan
9) A basic characteristic of decentralized organizations is delegating authority to people at lower hierarchical levels to make decisions and take action.
Recently Asked Questions
- To support National Heart Week, the Heart Association plans to install a free blood pressure testing booth in El Con Mall for the week. Previous experience
- Lucille and Tad are discussing the purposes of illustration essays. Lucille maintains that illustration essays should be devoted to explaining difficult
- What factors determine if neutralization occurs during an acid-base reaction?