Decemeber 31, 2006
Cash $24,600 Accounts Reveivable $25,600
Accounts Revievable 45,500 Common Stock($10 par) 80,000
Allowance for doubtful accounts (1500) Retained Earnings 127,400
Accumulated depreciation-building (22,000)
During 2007, the following transactions occurred.
1. On January 1, 2007, Servo issued 1,500 shares of $20 par, 7% preferred stock for $33,000.
2. On January 1, 2007, Servo also issed 600 shares of the $10 par value common stock for $21,000.
3. Servo performed services for $280,000 on account
4. On April 1, 20007, Servo collected fees of $48,000 in advance for services to be performed from April, 1, 2007, to March 31, 2008
5. Servo collected $267,000 from customers on account.
6. Servo bought $30,100 of supplies on account
7. Servo paid $32,200 on accounts payable.
8. Servo reacquired 400 shares of its common stock on June 1, 2007, for $38 per share
9. Paid other operating expenses of $188,200
10. On December 31, 2007, Servo declared the annual preferred stock dividend and a $1.20 per share dividend on the outstanding common stock, all payable on January 15, 2008.
11. An account receivable of $1,300 which originated in 2006 is written off as uncollectible.
1. A count of supplies indicates that $5900 of supplies remain unused at year-end.
2. Recorded revenue earned from item 4 above.
3. The allowance for doubtful accounts should have a balance of $3,500 at year end.
4. Depreciation is recorded on the building on a straight-line basis based on a 30-year life and a salvage value of $10,000.
5. The income tax rate is 30%. (Hint: Prepare the income statement up to income before taxes and multiply by 30% to compute the amount.)
Prepare journal entries for the transactions listed above and adjusting entries.
Recently Asked Questions
- Why do microbes produce chemicals that are inhibitory to other microbes? - What enables a new drug to be effective against bacteria that are
- Assume you have a cell with a phospholipid bilayer membrane (no proteins). A 5 M KCl solution is inside the cell and a 5 M sucrose solution is outside the
- Sadly, the accounting manager of Delta Plastics, Inc., was unexpectedly terminated, due to suspicion of an embezzlement at his prior position with Superior