2. Apply Taylor’s principles of scientific management to improve the performance of the business or organization you chose in item 1.
Chapter 3 : Part 1
Answer the following questions :
1. Why do managers, who have different types of personalities, can be equally effective and successful/
2. Can managers be too satisfied with their jobs? Can they be too committed to their organizations? Why or why not?
3. Assume that you are a manager of a restaurant. Describe what it is like to work for you when you are in a negative mood.
4. Why might managers be disadvantaged by low levels of emotional intelligence?
Chapter 3 : Part 2
Think about the culture of the last organization you worked for, your current university, or another organization or club to which you belong. Then answer the following questions :
1. What values are emphasized in this culture?
2. What norms do members of this organization follow?
3. Who seems to have played an important role in creating the culture?
4. In what ways is the organizational culture communicated to organizational members?
Recently Asked Questions
- A research team conducted a study showing that approximately 10% of all businessmen who wear ties wear them so tightly that they actually reduce blood flow to
- Company AA had net income of $20,000 in 2017. Compared to previous year, Accounts Receivable decreased by $10,000, Prepaid Rent increased by $1,000, Accounts
- In 2008, a lawyer for Mutual Life Insurance e-mailed Dr. Miles regarding the settlement of a lawsuit that he had filed against the insurance company. The