- has 1,000,000 common shares outstanding
- current price $11.25 per share
- next year’s dividend expected to be $1 per share
- firm estimates dividends will grow at 5% per year after that
- flotation costs for new shares would be $0.10 per share
- has 150,000 preferred shares outstanding
- current price is $9.50 per share
- dividend is $0.95 per share
- if new preferred are issued, they must be sold at 5% less than the current market price (to ensure they sell) and involve direct flotation costs of $0.25 per share
- has a total of $10,000,000 (par value) in debt outstanding. The debt is in the form of bonds with 10 years left to maturity. They pay annual coupons at a coupon rate of 11.3%. Currently, the bonds sell at 106% of par value. Flotation costs for new bonds would equal 6% of par value.
The firm’s tax rate is 40%. What is the appropriate discount rate for the new project?
This question was asked on May 05, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Say the perimeter of a rectangle is 46 meters and the width were doubled and the length were increased by 10 meters, the perimeter would be 78 meters. The
- Banana Box Corporation has sales of $4,969,640; income tax of $549,604; the selling, general and administrative expenses of $251,780; depreciation of $347,826;
- I need to help general environmental analysis of Invitrogen in the word.