4. Assignment: Quoting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing Sources
• Resources: Finding, Evaluating, and Utilizing Credible Information; Appropriate Style Guidelines; Appendix D; and Appendix E
• Navigate to Grammar and Writing Guides in the Center for Writing Excellence
Read Plagiarism: Using Direct Quotations; Understanding Paraphrase and Summary; Understanding Plagiarism and Common Knowledge.
• Practice note taking techniques by quoting a source you plan to use for your research paper, summarizing a second source, and paraphrasing a third source.
Format your sources according to APA guidelines that can be found at the Center for Writing Excellence to cite your sources: https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/CWE/pdfs/Axiawriting_style_handbook.pdf
• Complete Appendix E.
• Answer the following questions:
o How do you decide which information is noteworthy and which is not?
o How do you determine whether to quote, paraphrase, or summarize a source?
• Post Appendix E as an attachment.
Recently Asked Questions
- X1=-30,-30,30,-30,20,0,-10,10,0,30,30,-20,-20,-10 X2=50,100,20,70,90,40,50,80,10,30,50,40,30,20 Y=-88,-104,6,-96,-32,-44,-62,-44,-22,0,-8,-70,-64,-44 (A) Find
- Here is the question. What is the answer? Could I get some explanations too? Thanks
- You want to estimate the mean weight of quarters in circulation. A sample of 40 40 quarters has a mean weight of 5.629 5.629 grams and a standard deviation of