Restaurant/bar: Lou and Jose plan to open a sports bar and restaurant where customers socialize and watch sporting events on large-screen TVs that hang around the bar. They do not have much money, but they do have Miriam, a wealthy investor who does not have time to participate in the business, but wants to provide capital to start the business in return for a percentage ownership.
Extermination business: Frank is a wealthy investor who plans to open a chain of exterminating businesses across the United States.
Professional practice: Akiva and Tara have just completed all educational and experiential requirements to be licensed as obstetricians. They want to open a birth clinic together. They will take out a large loan to finance start-up costs.
Construction Scenario: Mei-Lin is the hiring manager for Surebuild, Inc., a new construction company. She has advertised a position as a jackhammer operator. The position’s description states that the successful applicant must have a high school diploma. The following people apply for the position: Michelle, 35, who appears to be pregnant, is a high school graduate, and was formerly employed as a jackhammer operator; Eric, 55, who is experienced with a jackhammer, but has no high school diploma; Felipe, who is 38, speaks no English, has no high school diploma, but is experienced with a jackhammer; and Nick, 23, a college graduate who is epileptic, and has no experience with a jackhammer.
• Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, discussing two of the above businesses, and the Construction scenario. For each business, discuss the business entity that represents the best choice for each business, taking control, taxation, and liability issues into consideration. Identify laws and regulations each business must consider in starting the business, and identify risks against which each business must protect itself. For the scenario, discuss the above elements, and identify and discuss the employment laws and regulations with which the business must comply in making a decision.
• Which torts might potentially affect your workplace? Do any of the torts you identified involve a defectively designed or manufactured product? What actions would you propose which might be taken in the workplace to eliminate or minimize the effect of the torts you identified?
• What business situations might be faced by a multinational corporation, based in the United States, but with operations in several countries? How might this problem be addressed and resolved legally? What strategy might a business use to protect its intellectual property in the global business environment?
Recently Asked Questions
- MODÈLE:Barbara: enthousiaste, blond, optimiste, petit → Barbara est enthousiaste et optimiste. Daniel: nerveuse, sympathique, intelligent, vieille.
- find evidence from the text to back up answers. 4. How much control do the characters in Beowulf have over their fates? Are skilled warriors any
- You are the Human Resource Manager for Sunlink International, a cellular phone company with 600 employees. Top management has asked you to implement three