2. What competitive pressures must Shearwater Adventures be prepared to deal with? What do we learn about the nature and strength of the competitive pressures Shearwater faces from doing a five-forces analysis of competition (as described in Chapter 3)? Which of the five competitive forces is the strongest?
3. What are the key success factors for competing in the Extreme Adventure Sporting industry?
4. What is your assessment of Shearwater’s financial performance and financial condition? Is its strategy working well in terms of delivering good financial results? Why or why not? You should use the financial ratio summary in Table 4.1 of Chapter 4 as a guide for doing the calculations needed to support your assessment of how well Shearwater is performing and whether its strategy is working well.
5. What does a SWOT analysis reveal about Shearwater’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats? Does your SWOT analysis indicate that the company’s situation and position is attractive or unattractive? Justify your answer.
6. What issues confront the company heading into the future? What should Allen Roberts be worried about?
7. What recommendations would you make to Allen Roberts to sustain (or maybe increase) the company’s 80% market share? What other avenues of growth might Shearwater consider?
Recently Asked Questions
- What are examples of signifying and insults do you see in the poem "Move Un-noticed to be Noticed" by Haki R. Madhubuti??
- At the beginning of 2018, VHF Industries acquired a equipment with a fair value of $8,710,520 by issuing a six-year, noninterest-bearing note in the face
- Which attribute is an example of an interval-level measure? Blood type Number of medications Educational level Fahrenheit temperature scale