a. Develop a 99% confidence interval for the population mean equivalent pressure.
b. How large a sample is needed to find the population mean within 25 feet at 95% confidence?
2. A sample of 352 subscribers to wired magazine shows the mean time spent using the internet is 13.4 hrs per week, with a sample standard deviation of 6.8 hrs. Find the 95% confidence interval for the mean time wired subscriber spend on the internet.
3. Traditionally, 2% of the citizens of the United States live in a foreign country because they are disenchanted with U.S POLITICS OR SOCIAL attitudes. In order to test if this proportion has increased since the sept.11 2001, terror attacks, u.s consulates contacted a random sample of 400 of these expatriates. The sample yields 12 people who report they are living overseas because of political and social attitudes. Can you conclude this data shows the proportion of politically motivated expatriates has increased? Use the 0.05 significance level.
4. A national grocer's magazine reports the typical shopper spends 8mins in line waiting to check out. A sample of 24 shoppers at the local farmer Jack's showed a mean of 7.5 minutes with a standard deviation of 3.2 mins. Is the waiting time at the local farmer Jack's less than that reported in the national magazine? Use the .05 significance level.
Recently Asked Questions
- A wheel has in 3.0-kg rim and four spokes, each of mass 1.2 kg. Find the kinetic energy of the wheel when it is rolling at 6.0 m/s on a horizontal surface.
- I need assistance with a case study question from business analytics 3318. It over the case problem: Know Thy Customer. Using k- means clustering on all seven
- How can i write a close analysis essay on lab girl by Hope Jahren?