2. What is Andrea Jung’s strategic vision for Avon? Do you approve of the company’s new strategic direction? Why was it time for Avon to fundamentally change direction?
3. What is your assessment of the financial and strategic objectives Jung has set for Avon? Do they contain too much stretch? Too little stretch?
4. What have been the key elements of Avon’s strategy been under previous CEOs? What new and different strategy elements have been initiated by Andrea Jung? How well does Andrea Jung’s new strategy seem to match features of the global cosmetics industry and Avon’s resource strengths, competitive capabilities, and culture?
5. How well has Avon’s new strategy been implemented so far? What are Avon’s strategy successes so far? What problems or missteps do you see? How important has Susan Kropf been to Avon’s implementation efforts? Was she a good choice as chief operating officer? Why or why not?
6. Has Andrea Jung been effective in evaluating the company’s performance, monitoring new developments, and initiating corrective adjustments? Does Andrea Jung appear to have personal traits well suited to refining and fine-tuning the company’s strategy and implementation efforts? Are her strengths better suited to instituting sweeping changes and quickly moving to a new project?
7. What additional actions would you recommend Andrea Jung take to help the company to achieve its long-term strategic and financial objectives? Are any changes needed in the company’s vision? its objectives? its strategy? its implementation efforts? What challenges might the new strategy present to Avon’s top management team? What risks do you see?
Recently Asked Questions
- Exemplify your understanding of the statement: "Further, the training and development of employees are the probably the most significant investment an employer
- Please help with my question Mary is a shareholder in Contrary Ltd, a company without a constitution. Mary attended a general meeting of the members of
- I am having trouble with this problem, can you help me? You have 500 applicants and 350 job openings. The validity of your proposed test, the Reilly