However, it is important that you base your decisions on the literature in the field. In addition to your textbook, you should have references from at least one human resources journal and at least one reputable Web site for human resources professionals. Format references according to APA guidelines.
The five project deliverables will all focus on a single employment position. The deliverables are as follows:
Presentation on job analysis
Tips for the selection process
Script for orienting new employees
1. Executive summary
o Introduce the human resources management materials being presented.
o Make the case for how these steps support the organization's strategic plan.
2. Presentation on job analysis
o Create a presentation of 3-5 slides covering the process of identifying of job expectations, gathering data to describe job functions, creating a job description, and determining the suitability of teamwork for this position. Discussion Question 1 of Week Two may be used as a resource for this section.
3. Tips for the selection process
a. Include recommendations on one internal and one external recruiting method.
b. Provide a list of interview questions to be used with this position, including questions that can be used to assess the individual's fit to the prevailing organizational culture, based on the assignment in Week Three.
c. Create a description of compensation, incentive, and benefit plans that will be shared with the employee at the time of job offer, based on the assignment in Week Seven.
4. Script for orienting new employees
o You may use the following opening sentence to start your script: "We, in HR, feel that it is important to address some sensitive issues during your early employment with our company."
o Create a script that can be used to open up an orientation workshop/class. Be sure to address the issues listed below and clearly state why such discussion is the responsibility of the HR department. Within the script, include the benefits of addressing these issues during the orientation period and the potential pitfalls and challenges that could occur if this step of the orientation was skipped.
o Identify one more sensitive legal issue that should be addressed by the HR department during employee orientation:
5. Training proposal
a. Include a map outlining the ongoing employee development process and opportunities for advancement.
b. Provide training narratives.
1. A narrative describing the training the employee should have one month after entering the position
2. A narrative describing the training the employee should have one year after entering the position
3. A narrative describing the training the employee should have to advance to the next position according to the development map
c. Identify the best method to conduct each of the three training stages above. Is a certification exam required? Will the training be instructor-led, self-paced, or a combination? Explain your answer.
This is regarding Human Resource Generalist. It needs to have the reference that is stated and needs detail about each question.
This question was asked on May 15, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- How does the current Treasury Bill Rate interact with interest rates, according to the Loanable Funds Theory? What current economic conditions do you believe
- identify the sampling techniques used and discuss potential sources of bias (if any) Carrots are planted on 53 acre field. The field is divided into one acre
- Statistics mentioned in Chapter 16 state that the average local health department performed 24% of the services to the community themselves (Miller, CA, Moore