A) 10 days
B) 50 days
C) 70 days
D) 130 days
23. What is the cash conversion cycle for a firm with $3 million average inventories, $1.5 million average accounts payable, a receivables period of 40 days, and an annual cost of goods sold of $18 million?
A) 14.59 days
B) 46.25 days
C) 70.41 days
D) 136.25 days
24. If managers could automatically change each term in the equation of the cash conversion cycle, which of the following would be expected to provide the most benefit?
A) Decrease numerator of each term by 10%.
B) Decrease denominator of each term by 10%.
C) Increase numerator of each term by 10%.
D) Increase denominator of each term by 10%.
25. Which of the following would not be included among the costs of carrying inventory?
B) Opportunity cost of capital
C) Raw material cost
D) Risk of pilferage
26. When financial managers take action to minimize the carrying costs of current assets, they:
A) are likely to maximize profits.
B) also consider spoilage costs.
C) may increase costs due to shortages.
D) engage in the matching of maturities.
27. Which of the following would act to reduce the carrying costs of inventory?
A) The inventory is capable of spoiling.
B) The inventory will rapidly go out of style.
C) General interest rates decrease in the economy.
D) General interest rates increase in the economy.
28. Which of the following statements about total capital requirement is least likely to be correct for a profitable firm?
A) Requirements remain constant over time.
B) Seasonal variations are often experienced.
C) The trend is often upward-sloping.
D) A portion of working capital is permanent.
29. Which of the following would not be included as a source of short-term financing?
A) Line of credit
B) Increase in the minimum operating cash balance
C) Sale of marketable securities
D) Stretching accounts payable
30. Although commercial paper is unsecured, the companies that issue this short-term security are:
A) typically known to repay all defaults.
B) large firms of top credit quality.
C) small firms of top credit quality.
D) firms that have government-sponsored guarantees for the debt.
Recently Asked Questions
- What Effect does a high substrate concentration have on the rate order of the michaelis menten equation? Explain your answer. What about low concentration?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Tutorial 6.docx. Additional comments: "topic is interest rate risk
- What laws and also what letters do I click within each step?