1. What quantities do veteran sales represantatives such as Fred Maiorino bring to thair jobs? What qualities do young sales represantatives bring to their assigned territories? In the drug industry, which of the two age groups do you feel are preferable?
2. Fred was fired for deficient performance. Can Schering-Plough objectively substantiate its assessment that Fred was a poor-performing sales represantatives?
3. What basic virtues does the BARS system possess as a performance evaluation device? What faults does it process? Appraise the quality of Schering-Plough's use of its BARS.
4. In evaluating performance, Schering-Plough switched from a quota system to a ranked marketshare increase system. Viewed from both motivational and objective measurement perspectives, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each system?
5. In terminating Fred Maiorino, did Schering-Plough give him "due process"?
6. A number of approaches to ethical decision-making behavior exist, namely the utilitarian approach, the individual rights approach, and the justice approach. Looking at the overwheming factors in Schering-Plough's situation, was its ultimate decision to fire Fred Maiorino correct given the concerns of each of these approaches?
7. There are a number of responsibilities firms must fulfill or actions they have to doo if they are to remain viable. There are a number of other responsibilities or actions they should do and might do. Where on this spectrum of obligations do you believe Schering-Plough operates?
8. What did Schering-Plough do to help Fred Maiorino improve his performance? To what degree did Fred himself frustrate his employer's attempts to improve his performance?
9. Briefly apply the Six-step Intervention Model discussed in class to identify Fred's performance problem, problem impact, causes, alternative solutions, and an implementation plan, assume that the termination letter was not issued.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Problem_Set_6. Additional comments: "Answers"
- 2. Data for Cary Company and its industry average follow. Balance Sheet as of Dec. 31 Assets Liabilities and Owner's Equity 2016 2016 Current Assets Current
- an executive report of that analyzes the role of diversity in an underperforming community program, unit, or department, and outline a plan for providing