Critical Thinking and Experiential Exercise I
Using Microsoft Project, build a project schedule based on the following scenario and create a Gantt chart. Email me your MS project file with the Gantt chart. The critical path should be clearly shown on the Gantt chart.
An exchange student will be gaining international experience by attending a university abroad. However she will need to complete several tasks before she begins studying in the foreign country. You have to build schedules for several versions of this set of tasks.
1. For the first version, assume that all predecessor tasks must finish before the succeeding task can begin (the simplest version).
2. For a second version, identify several tasks that can begin a few days before the end of the predecessor task.
3. For a third version, modify the second version so that some tasks can begin a few days after the beginning of a predecessor task.
Be sure to state your assumptions for each version.
Task ID Description of Task Duration Precedence
1. Obtain forms from international exchange office 1 day none
2. Fill out and send in foreign university application 3 days 1
3. Receive approval from foreign university 21 days 2
4. Apply for scholarship 3 days 2
5 Receive notice of approval for scholarship 30 days 4
6. Arrange financing 5 days 3, 5
7. Arrange for housing in dormitory 25 days 6
8. Obtain passport and required visa 35 days 6
9. Send in preregistration forms to university 2 days 8
10. Make travel arrangements 1 day 7, 9
11. Determine clothing requirements and go shopping 10 days 10
12. Pack and make final arrangements to leave 3 days 11
13. Travel 1 day 12
14. Move into dormitory 1 day 13
15. Finalize registration for classes and other university paperwork 2 days 14
16. Begin classes 1 day 15
Instructions: The 90 days free trial version of the MS Project tool should be downloaded from the Microsoft website.
Recently Asked Questions
- Global Organizations: The IMF & World Bank The assignment for this week has you look at a project that has been or is currently being undertaken by either the
- General Electric [ GE ] stock has a long term beta of 1.0 ; so on average if the market goes up by 8 % , the value of GE common stock should :
- Roberto is a furniture salesman for Gerald 's Furniture Mart . Roberto purchases a bedroom suite from Gerald 's for $ 8,000 . The sticker price is $ 11,000 .