There are 15 multiple choice questions worth 8 points each designed to test your ability to analyze and apply the marketing concepts you have learned in this couse. Take your time and consider your answers carefully.
1. (TCO 1) Cole works for a company that requested all of its staff to purchase new toys and bring them into the office during the month of December for holiday distribution to families in need. Cole was excited about choosing some toys for this event, purchased several and brought them to work. After Cole dropped the toys off, he felt very happy and satisfied that he had helped others with his donation. Was this a marketing exchange? (Points : 8)
No, because this request was tax-deductable
Yes, because the toys were going to families in need
No, because Cole bought the toys
Yes, because Cole's donation of the toys was accompanied by his satisfaction and happiness
No, because Cole spent money for toys but then gave them away.
2. (TCO 6) Which of the following would be the BEST the target market for tickets to the home games of the Indianapolis Colts professional football team? (Points : 8)
All people in the Indianapolis area
All people in the U.S
All men in the U.S
People in the Indianapolis area with an interest in professional football
All people in the U.S. with an interest in professional football
3. (TCO 3) The owners of Old School Brand Authentic Antique Foods researched Civil War records to come up with recipes used in the old-fashioned cookies the company produces and markets. This statement deals with which part of the marketing mix?
(Points : 8)
4. (TCO 5) Google's myspace.com is a social network that is targeted primarily to people under the age of 25. Increasing use of myspace.com as a networking tool for this target market is an example of how __________ forces impact the marketing (Points : 8)
5. (TCO 7) Recently a federal appeals court rendered a unanimous decision that Microsoft Corp. does not have an automatic right to put whatever features it wants into its Windows operating system; rather each new feature needs to be evaluated separately. Many of these features are also made by much smaller companies. This ruling grew out of the power that Microsoft holds in the software market because it owns a major share of the marketplace. What purpose did this ruling have?
(Points : 8)
Protecting companies from one another
Protecting consumers from unfair trade practices
Protecting the future interests of society from dangerous business practices
Protecting consumers from one another
Protecting businesses from unfair consumer practices
6. (TCO 6) Graham-Field Health Products makes hospital beds and wheelchairs from component parts and materials it buys. It sells its products to hospitals, nursing homes and retailers of health care products. Graham-Field Health Products operates in a(n) __________ market.
(Points : 8)
7. (TCO 1) Several years ago, SwissAir made some unwise investments to pay for a planned expansion. As a result, the company had to make some cost-cutting moves that alienated its customers. Eventually the company declared bankruptcy, regrouped and found itself able to resume business. Its board of directors recently announced that the company would resume flying if it could prove that the airlines could regain at least 75 percent of its lost customers. It decided to allot $50,000 to determine the probability that its former customers would fly on the airline again and what methods requiring little or no money could be used to increase that probability. This description represents which stage in the marketing research approach? (Points : 8)
Define the problem
Develop the research plan
Collect relevant information
Take marketing actions
8. (TCO 3) The Belsen interview is a means of pretesting media surveys. It gathers facts and figures by asking people about their attitudes, beliefs and awareness of various media. With this technique, the respondent is interviewed twice—first by an interviewer using the proposed survey and then by a different interviewer, who asks questions about the survey itself. The Belsen interview uses __________ data.
(Points : 8)
9. (TCO 4) Sara Burns is the owner of a company called Spice and was looking for a new-product to go with her company's line of food condiments when a customer suggested combining spices with tea. This is an example of (Points : 8)
10. (TCO 4) A few years ago Who Wants to Be a Millionaire premiered as the first nighttime game show in several decades. The marketing for the show was intent on making television viewers aware of its existence and excited enough about the show that we would watch the first episode. Based on this description, in which stage of the product life cycle would this show be?
(Points : 8)
11. (TCO 8) In an episode of the Andy Griffith television series, two local farmers were selling the produce they grew on their farms from the back of their pickup trucks to local people that drove by on the road. The farmers selling their products without wholesalers or retailers were an example of a
(Points : 8)
Roadside channel of distribution
Traveling channel of distribution
Intermediate channel of distribution
Informal channel of distribution
Direct channel of distribution
12. (TCO 2) Disney is using an integrated marketing communications program (IMC) to promote group travel to its theme parks because (Points : 8)
Its strategy includes using all types of promotional activities that deliver a consistent message
It does not want to reach any member of its target audience more than once
IMC is less expensive than other forms of promotion such as public service announcements
If it didn't, Disney would have to use indirect personal selling
It is more concerned about frequency than reach
13. (TCO 2) When a news story covers a terrible disaster and viewers are asked to send donations to the American Red Cross, the American Red Cross is receiving (Points : 8)
A public service announcement
14. (TCO 8) For several years, advertisements for Arm & Hammer baking soda have prompted consumers to place an opened box of the product in the refrigerator to lessen food odor and to replace that box monthly. The same ads advise customers to pour the used box down their kitchen sinks to freshen drains. Arm & Hammer employed a __________ strategy in its attempt to sell more baking soda. (Points : 8)
15. (TCO 5) Microsoft, Intuit and, Yahoo are building new facilities in Quincy, WA, a town that previously had a population of 3,500. Along with these new neighbors, the residents of Quincy are also going to get more traffic lights, a strip mall, higher housing prices and, new jobs. This example best illustrates a(n) ___________ change with which the people and businesses of Quincy will be faced. (Points : 8)
Page: 1 2 3
Page: 1 2 3
Evaluation and Synthesis
In this section of the exam, you will answer 3 essay questions worth 30 points each. Take time to think through your answer and organize your response. Remember to save your work before preceeding to the next question.
1. (TCO 3) Imagine you are creating a marketing plan for a company that will sell motor scooters . As you consider the marketing program, what types of strategy should you consider including in the plan? Propose one specific example of each type of strategy that you are considering and present your rationale (reasoning) for your strategy selections. (Points : 30)
2. (TCO 1) Imagine you are the marketing manager responsible for developing marketing strategy for a bicycle company. Propose the strategic marketing process you will use being sure the name the stages, the activities included in the stages and stage specific examples related to marketing bicycles. (Points : 30)
3. (TCO 4) Managing the product through successive stages of the product life cycle is an important role for a product manager. Assess the three ways to manage a product through its life cycle including examples to help clarify your assessment. Indicate the reasoning why you would prefer one method over another in a given situation. You can use any product in your examples. (Points : 30)
Recently Asked Questions
- Hey! This is a Java Program which is to be done in ECLIPSE IDE. In this Program, all the classes and the methods are given to us, AND we just have to complete
- 1-Describe Health Policy in your own words? 2-Give an Example of Health Policy that are not listed in your readings or Text Books?
- __ ions account for nearly 90% of the positively charged ions found in extracellular fluid