The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for XYZ Construction Inc. has been promoted to the newly created position of Vice President of Overseas Operations. The CFO’s absence leaves a void in the knowledge base of the owners’ group regarding several key financial and accounting principles. The owners need you to create a document for them that will help explain several key concepts and principles associated with financial management, accounting, internal control, cash management, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
For this third assignment, your requirement is to create a response in the form of a memo for business finance and accounting. The only required references for this assignment are the chapters included within the e-book, which contain all the information you need to complete this assignment. You may re-create the examples from the textbooks using your own generic data.
Your instructor will assign you a group of terms; for each term, you need to provide a definition and a relevant business example for the items in your group. Contact your course Mentor via the Compass Messaging System to obtain your Group assignment.
1. Balance Sheet
2. Income Statement
3. Operating Cash Flows
4. Statement of Retained Earnings
5. Net Working Capital
1. Economic Value Added
2. Fixed Assets Turnover Ratio
3. Net Profit Margin
4. Sales Forecast
5. Breakeven Analysis
1. Financial Leverage
2. Double-Entry Accounting System
5. T Account
1. Balance of the Account
2. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
3. Cash Equivalents
4. Petty Cash Fund
Length: Up to one page (app. 350 words per page).
Your memo should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Submit your document in the Course Work area below the Activity screen.
Learning Outcome: 5
We can only answer your free 3 questions one at a time. You have two options to get your questions answered:... View the full answer
Recently Asked Questions
- Graph the demand curve for capital and find the equilibrium real rental rate of capital if capital supply is ten trillion. Suppose a positive supply shock hits
- I need help with Accounting 220 homework. I have provided the problems and the format in the attachment. Please use the word attachment and not an excel file.
- pdikhani I have made an error, the Porto case had an attachment that I failed to send you I have attached it called (additional Doc) plus the other case study