1) Research the Martin L. Grass of Rite Aid trial and answer the following questions:
a. In what type of court was your subject tried?
b. Provide key details about the trial.
c. Did your subject enter into a plea bargaining agreement? If so, to what charges did he/she plead guilty? If not, what were the final charges? Did they differ from those in the original indictment? What was the verdict?
d. What was the sentence? Do you feel it was fair? Justify your position.
e. Did your subject appeal? If so, on what grounds did he/she base the appeal?
f. Provide a timeline of key trial events.
2) Evaluate Martin L. Grass as a leader by answering the following:
a. What were some of your subject's successes?
b. Describe how the company's culture may have contributed to the scandal.
c. What was your subject's role in shaping the company's culture?
d. What were some of the challenges your subject faced that may have influenced his/her behavior?
e. Do you consider your subject more of a leader or a manager? Justify your position.
3) Analyze the ethics of your subject's actions by answering the following:
a. Describe your subject's actions in terms of ethics and social responsibility.
b. Evaluate your subject's actions using Consequential theories.
c. Evaluate your subject's actions using Deontological theories.
d. Evaluate your subject's actions using Humanist theories.
e. Which theory do you most subscribe to in this case, and why?
f. Were there any codes of ethics that were clearly violated?
g. Evaluate your subject's actions in terms of the five schools of social responsibility.
Recently Asked Questions
- 10.Expanding Corporation financed a $500,000 expansion by mortgaging their head office building for seven years. They negotiated a rate of 5% per annum. They
- Need this question broken down to me not quite understanding Alpha level. What is alpha level? Need examples of how it's different when it relates to hard and
- Assume an investment has cash flows of -$39,700, $21,750, $18,500. and $ 12,500 for years 0 to 3, respectively. What is the NPV if the required return is 12.9