Shayna’s Fashion Boutique
Shayna has been designing clothing and accessories since she was a little girl. She learned to make doll dresses with her mother’s sewing machine. She graduated from UNA with a double major in Fashion Design and Marketing. She did not see any jobs that interested her, so she asked her Dad to help start a new store when she would sell the clothing that she designs and produces. Now that she has been in business for a few years, she has been thinking about applying some of the things she learned in marketing. She has been having trouble pricing her different clothes and actually figuring out how much profit she is making.
From her analysis of her business she knows that teenagers love her clothes. Her tops and dresses are quite unique and the girls that buy them are pleased that no one else has he same clothes. She has noticed that many of the students from the University like her accessories and top combinations and that the students are willing to pay more compared to the teens. One of the sororities has asked her to design a set of pendants to wear for formals. She has also a large group of single and married females who frequent her store and buy the more expensive products. This group of 24 to 35 year olds shops the most and buys more of the specialist items like matching handbags.
Relative to profit, she is making the most from the 24-35 year olds but that group is very selective and sometimes does not buy her recent designs. The teenagers are less selective and will buy just about anything on sale. The University students are more likely to buy less unique designs that produced in multiple lots e.g., ten tops with similar color combinations.
The more Shayna analyses the target market the more confused she gets. She has decided to call Dr. Armstrong to get his current class of students to help her identify her best target market.
1. What bases of segmentation should Shayna use?
2. Develop a matrix to reflect potential profiles of Shayna’s market.
3. Estimate demand for the resulting profiles.
4. Select the best profile and develop a resulting marketing mix
This question was asked on Jan 22, 2013 and answered on Jan 25, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Description Research is an integral part of all professional fields. Designing a research study can be a complicated task that can be simplified if the
- I have 24 questions ( Fundamentals Of Finance ) most of them are multi choices, I will post the question and I want to get the answers immediately. who is
- 1. A 36.40 g sample of solid lead is initially at 304.00° C. If the sample is heated at constant pressure ( = 1 atm),_____________ kJ of heat