As stated in the Learning Guide, students that are not members of the case presentation group for the day are required to prepare beforehand a case prep sheet. The objectives of this prep sheet are for students to read the case and to prepare for the case discussion which comes right after the group presentation.
The prep sheet for each case discussion will be typewritten, printed and submitted at the beginning of the tutorial session. Students need to be present in order for the case prep sheet to be valid. Prep sheets from absent students will not be marked.
Each prep sheet should answer any two of the case questions listed under each of the six case titles in the CASE QUESTIONS document. The first case prep sheet will be for the Case, LOGITECH (see below).
Demo Case: Logitech (pp. 93-94) –Case Prep Sheet required
This first case will not be assigned to a group for presentation. The class discussion of this case will instead be led by the tutor. Students are required to submit a case prep sheet addressing any 4 of the questions below. This prep sheet is to be submitted at the beginning of the tutorial in week 3. The case prep-sheet template may be downloaded from vUWS.
1. Which of the internationalisation theories described in chap 2 applies to this company? Briefly justify your answer.
2. Describe how Logitech has configured its global operations including the location of its manufacturing, R&D and corporate headquarters. Why did Logitech configure its global operations in this manner?
3. What coordination issues (if any) do you anticipate in the type of configuration adopted by Logitech? (This question should be answered in conjunction with question 2 above.)
4. Which theory/theories might have helped Logitech choose Taiwan and China as its major manufacturing sites?
5. Who creates more value for Logitech, the 650 people it employs in Freemont and Switzerland, or the 4000 employees at its Chinese factory? What are the implications of this situation on the argument that free trade is beneficial? Explain briefly.
Recently Asked Questions
- Find the characteristic equation and the eigenvalues (and corresponding eigenvectors) of the matrix. 0 −3 7 -4 4 −14 -----> MATRIX 0 0 4 (a) the
- There is an old saying, that says, “As people age, they become more like themselves.” Knowing what you have learned about the different theories of aging,
- A fair die is rolled 4 times. What is the probability of having no 1 and no 2 among the rolls? Round your answer to three decimal places