Answer the following two questions. Please include printouts to support your answers and highlight
the numbers you used in your answers. Explain your answer in detail in the space provided below
(you will earn zero credit if your answer has no explanation) or in a separate sheet of paper.
1. Go to http://www2.fdic.gov/qbp/ the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation website to find
summary data on financial institutions. Go to the most recent Quarterly Banking Profile. Scroll to
the bottom and open Table 1-A.
a. Have banks’ return on assets been increasing or decreasing over the past few years?
b. Has the core capital been increasing, and how does it compare to the capital ratio
reported in Table 1 (Chapter 10) in the text?
c. How many institutions are currently reporting to the FDIC?
2. Table 1 on page 226 reports the balance sheet of all commercial banks based on aggregate data
found in the Federal Reserve Bulletin. Compare this table to the most recent balance sheet
reported by YOUR BANK. Go to your bank’s website (or visit the actual branch to ask their
balance sheet). Click on Annual Reports or Financial Statements to view balance sheet. Does
YOUR BANK have more or less of its portfolio in loans than the average? What percentage of
assets does it hold in loans? Which type of loan is most common
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from TP 2 - Mic Mac Eco..docx. Additional comments: "can you help me to
- What is the answer to this???????????I don't understand
- is nationalism making a comeback in the 21stcentury?(BREXIT, for example?)How is it expressed?How does it relate to globalism?