the numbers you used in your answers. Explain your answer in detail in the space provided below
(you will earn zero credit if your answer has no explanation) or in a separate sheet of paper.
1. Go to http://www2.fdic.gov/qbp/ the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation website to find
summary data on financial institutions. Go to the most recent Quarterly Banking Profile. Scroll to
the bottom and open Table 1-A.
a. Have banks’ return on assets been increasing or decreasing over the past few years?
b. Has the core capital been increasing, and how does it compare to the capital ratio
reported in Table 1 (Chapter 10) in the text?
c. How many institutions are currently reporting to the FDIC?
2. Table 1 on page 226 reports the balance sheet of all commercial banks based on aggregate data
found in the Federal Reserve Bulletin. Compare this table to the most recent balance sheet
reported by YOUR BANK. Go to your bank’s website (or visit the actual branch to ask their
balance sheet). Click on Annual Reports or Financial Statements to view balance sheet. Does
YOUR BANK have more or less of its portfolio in loans than the average? What percentage of
assets does it hold in loans? Which type of loan is most common
Recently Asked Questions
- What genomic region is used to barcode a sample of rocket salad leaf?
- Suppose that a monopolistically competitive firm must build a production facility in order to produce a product. The fixed cost of this facility is FC = $24.
- Help please. Go to the Slightly Soluble Salts tab. Choose a salt from the drop down menu to the right. Mouse over the salt shaker and move your mouse up and