Select a Diagnostic Model (see Chapter Five) that you utilize to review aspects of change activities and actions that have been taken by the companies chosen. Here we are looking at the “parts” of the companies as well as their strategies, as surmised by your research in Part 1. It is acknowledged that this information will not be complete, as you are looking at these companies as an outsider; but a thoroughly researched paper will give enough data to allow some (well-defended) assumptions on your part.
Here’s what to do:
1. Choose one Diagnostic Model (i.e. 6-box, 7S, congruence, or etc.) to apply to the two chosen companies. Choose the model which you feel best identifies and measures the relevant aspects of the organization’s performance and therefore the diagnostic choices made will affect your findings.
2. Apply the data obtained in your research through an analysis of the appropriate chosen model. This will allow you to create a diagnosis of where each company is today (as per the criteria of the model).
3. Create a SWOT Analysis for each of the two chosen companies change plans/programs, utilizing information obtained in the diagnosis. (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.)
4. Compare the two company analyses to each other and offer your perspective (value judgment) of the effectiveness of the changes made to date in each case.
5. Identify potential areas of resistance that may occur and at least one strategy to respond to each. (This will most likely come from your Weaknesses/Threats section of your SWOT. If not, take another look at your SWOT.)
6. Write your paper including each of the above sections, and analyses
Grading rubric for paper #3 – Diagnosing the Change:
A comprehensive review of the Change Diagnostic model chosen that details the components included as well as some background about the model itself through research from the author(s).
Your rationale defending why you chose that particular model. You can utilize a review of internal/external pressures that have affected the companies chosen.
A SWOT analysis that you created based on the above.
Potential areas of resistance that were encountered or that you anticipate may be encountered and possible actions to minimize the negative effects of such resistance.
Recommendations for further actions within the organizations and the rationale chosen for these recommendations.
Use of 4 new references, properly cited.
Recently Asked Questions
- When currency is equal to $ 200 billion and reserves are equal to $ 350 billion , and we know that the money multiplier is equal to 1.5 , then the money supply
- Which of the following is included in current calculations of GDP ?
- Which of the following will shift the aggregate supply curve up to the left ?