1. Using the Excel Analysis ToolPak function descriptive statistics, generate descriptive statistics for the salary data.
Which variables does this function not work properly for, even though we have some excel generated results?
2. Sort the data by Gen or Gen 1 (into males and females) and find the mean and standard deviation for each gender for the following variables:
sal, compa, age, sr and raise. Use the descriptive stats function for one gender and the Fx functions (average and stdev) for the other.
3. What is the probability distribution table for a:
a. Randomly selected person being a male in a specific grade?
b. Randomly selected person being in a specific grade?
a. The z score for each male salary, based on only the male salaries.
b. The z score for each female salary, based on only the female salaries.
5. Repeat question 4 for compa for each gender.
6. What conclusions can you make about the issue of male and female pay equality? Are all of the results consistent? If not, why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- This is a practice activity that will prepare you for this module's graded assignment. It is NOT graded but you must submit an attempt to this dropbox in order
- what similatires and differencces can you identidy between nursing process and nursing research
- Need use rational exponents to simplify each expression. Assume that all variables represent positive numbers