1. Using the Excel Analysis ToolPak function descriptive statistics, generate descriptive statistics for the salary data.
Which variables does this function not work properly for, even though we have some excel generated results?
2. Sort the data by Gen or Gen 1 (into males and females) and find the mean and standard deviation for each gender for the following variables:
sal, compa, age, sr and raise. Use the descriptive stats function for one gender and the Fx functions (average and stdev) for the other.
3. What is the probability distribution table for a:
a. Randomly selected person being a male in a specific grade?
b. Randomly selected person being in a specific grade?
a. The z score for each male salary, based on only the male salaries.
b. The z score for each female salary, based on only the female salaries.
5. Repeat question 4 for compa for each gender.
6. What conclusions can you make about the issue of male and female pay equality? Are all of the results consistent? If not, why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- A 0.4230 g sample of impure sodium nitrate (contains sodium nitrate plus inert ingredients) was heated, converting all the sodium nitrate to 0.2410 g of sodium
- Imagine you are in charge of a rescue mission. The spacecraft in distress is in a circular orbit at 240 km altitude. The Shuttle (rescue vehicle) is in a
- Consider the following unbalanced chemical equation. LiOH( s ) + CO 2 ( g ) → Li 2 CO 3 ( s ) + H 2 O( l ) If 86.4 grams of lithium hydroxide reacts with