41. The sources of a transportation matrix are either factories or outside vendors.
42. Evaluation numbers are either ‘positive’ or ‘negative’.
43. When total source units exceed total destination units, an additional row must be
included on the transportation matrix.
44. Qualitative factors are considered in the use of the transportation algorithm by the
operations staff when locating retail facilities.
45. The gravity location model uses shipping costs to locate a central distribution center.
46. The gravity location model locates the central distribution center at the geographic
center of the distribution system.
47. The transshipment model can accommodate multiple levels of the supply chain
48. The transshipment model can accommodate multiple modes of transport.
49. The transshipment model utilizes a sophisticated version of the transportation
50. The gravity location model draws part of its input from the current monthly or
quarterly forecasted demands at each facility in the distribution system.
True or false
Dear Student, Please find... View the full answer