"The Athenian Acropolis and Greek Theater" Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Identify two (2) specific aspects of the Athenian Acropolis and its Parthenon, and explain their significance to ancient Greek culture and the western heritage in the arts. Comment on one (1) feature of the ancient Greek theater that you find especially intriguing. Explain the manner in which audiences today might receive the plot of the comedy Lysistrata, and compare Lysistrata to a specific modern work of stage or film.
Athenian Acropolis and the Greek Theater
- Chapter 5 (pp. 140-147) Athenian Acropolis and Art, (pp. 151-156), ancient Greek drama
- Video with article from British Museum’s Elgin marbles (from the Acropolis) athttp://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/galleries/ancient_greece_and_rome/room_18_greece_parthenon_scu.aspx
- Article with video of digital reconstruction of the Parthenon athttp://arth251f11.blogs.wm.edu/2011/09/17/digital-reconstruction-of-the-parthenon/
- Theater at Epidauros (double click on images to enlarge) athttp://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/artifact?name=Epidauros%2C+Theater&object=Building
Introduction The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient fortified area in the city of Athens in ancient Greece. It was located in... View the full answer