For this assignment, read the case study, "The 1920 Farrow’s Bank Failure: A Case of Managerial Hubris."
Reference: Hollow, M. (2014). The 1920 Farrow's bank failure: A case of managerial hubris? Journal of Management History, 20(2), 164-178.
Regulators evaluated Thomas Farrow as being inflicted by managerial hubris at the time of the bank’s collapse in 1920. With this scenario in mind, address the following questions, with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
1. How did corporate culture, leadership, power, and motivation affect Thomas’ level of managerial hubris?
2. Relate managerial hubris to ethical decision making and the overall impact on the business environment.
3. Explain the pressures associated with ethical decision making at Farrow’s Bank.
4. Do you think that if Farrow’s Bank had a truly ethical business culture, the level of managerial hubris would have been decreased? Could this have affected the final outcome of Farrow’s Bank? Explain your position.
Your response must be a minimum of three double-spaced pages. References should include the case study and a minimum of one additional credible reference. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and be cited per APA guidelines.
* The case study is attached.
The answer to the... View the full answer