Changing demographics and health disparities challenge our health care leaders, managers, and practitioners. Patti Rose, author of Cultural Competency: For Health Administration and Public Health, provides one explanation for disparities based on the context of various racial and ethnic groups (p. 4).
The DHHS Office of Minority Health defines cultural and linguistic competence as "a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes, and policies that come together in a system, agency, or among professionals that enables effective work in cross-cultural situations" (Rose, p. 12)
In your initial post, answer the following questions:
- Consider a local health care provider such as a hospital, clinic, doctor's office. What are some of the major considerations involved in the provider's ability to improve the practice of cultural competence?
- How important is an effort of community outreach for health care leadership when addressing health disparities?
- Imagine yourself in the role of advising a health care leader who has limited knowledge of diversity and cultural competence. What major suggestions would you make relative to developing a culturally competent and diverse workforce?
(350 word response)
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from selection. Additional comments: "please answer these for question"
- characteristics of how individual products impact logistics and distribution strategies, five hundred words with Harvard referencing
- package SteppingStones; import java.util.ArrayList; /* * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties. * To change this