A1. After reading Zen chapter 5, give some thought to what the customers of FroYoFoU might want to say about THEMSELVES (not the company). What could FYFU do in the way of social media that the customers would find appealing? Are there any 'causes' or 'movements' or 'tribes' that FYFU could associate themselves with that would make customers more likely to Like, Follow, etc. the company on the various social media platforms? Tell us what you'd recommend they do.
A2. LinkedIn is mainly used to further your career options, but it also used by many companies for marketing purposes, especially in the B2B sector.
To maximize your value from LI, do the following:
1. Click on the 'Interests' tab at the top of your LI page and select 'Pulse'. Then click the menu at the top left and select 'Discover More' to see a set of categories of information that might be of interest to you.
2. Click on the 'Interests' tab at the top of your LI page and select 'Groups'. Then select 'Find a Group' (button on the right side) to search for groups that might be of interest to you.
After you do the above, post the name of the category or group that you think others in the class might benefit from and tell us why you think they would be of interest.
A3. G+ is less familiar to most people than FB & Twitter. However, it can be an extremely useful source of information for just about any topic. Unlike FB, most people use G+ to locate and connect with people they don't already know but who have similar interests. Try the following:
1. Hover your mouse over the 'Home' button (top left) after signing in to your G+ account. Then select 'Communities' to see some recommended areas of interest. If you don't see any that interest you, there's a search bar to look for more based on your own interests.
2. Hover your mouse over the 'Home' button (top left) after signing in to your G+ account. Then select 'People' to see some recommended people you may want to add to your 'Circles'. If you don't see any that interest you, use the 'Discover" tab to see many more choices (you will see a list of categories on the left hand side).
Once you've found a few of interest to you, pick one that you think might also be of interest to others in the class and post a brief description.
A4. Describe how you react to the sponsored posts in your FB news feed. Have you ever clicked on one of these ads? Do you find them annoying? Have you ever purchased or liked a company/product through FB ads?
A5. According to your text, "your ad content needs to be less about you and more about the customer". The most effective ads typically include four things:
1. A provocative headline
2. An emotional connection
3. An offer or call to action
4. An image that is memorable or that involves faces
Come up with a Facebook ad for our old friends at FroYoFoU (frozen Yogurt) that meets these criteria and describe it in your first post. Then come back and comment/respond. Assume the ad will run as a 'sponsored post' (runs in the FB user's news feed), rather than on the right side.
After working on your question, I... View the full answer