(4b) Sensitivity to a minority group is as important as being aware of and using the language of that group effectively. Insensitivity towards any group can cost an organization money and opportunity.
For this discussion, imagine a company with a weekly manager’s meeting during which only the female manager is asked to bring coffee to the other managers, all of whom are male. The female manager complains of discrimination to her supervisor and the HR department, and threatens to go public with her discrimination charges if changes are not made.
- Post a description of what you see as the potential public relations ramifications of this scenario.
- What do you think the PR department should do inside the organization to handle the situation?
- What do you see as the potential ramifications if the female manager takes her claims to the media?
- In what ways might the PR department respond if she does take her claims to the media?
Consulting book This is PR, the realities of Public relations, eleventh edition
The situation is nothing less of a discrimination and unfair treatment of not only an employee and it will in the eyes of the... View the full answer
As part of public relation ramification of this scienario, i would definately make them realise about... View the full answer
This question was asked on Jul 19, 2016 and answered on Jul 20, 2016 for the course MAR 3310-1 at Everest University Orlando campus.
Recently Asked Questions
- I completed Part 1 but was instructed that the model was fairly insufficient. I would like to seek help on the following assignment so I can understand exactly
- I need help with paragraph with first main idea and supporting facts of high blood pressure
- Because the EPA spends so much money regulating ground-level ozone -- in an effort to save money, a proposal is being considered to transport ground-level