(3a, 4a) There are two components to this week's homework.
- Good strategic planning relies on quality research. A public relations practitioner can profit from well-designed and well-executed research at the beginning, middle, and end of a public relations campaign or program. Once a PR campaign or program has been implemented, the practitioner should watch for any unanticipated changes that call for a different approach. For this assignment, you will consider how a PR professional might use government data to support a PR strategy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a report about the amount of sodium in diets that stated that 90 percent of Americans consume too much sodium and should reduce intake significantly. The warnings caught public attention, resulting in responses from every sector. Write 1 page detailing:
- How could a PR professional for a fast food chain use the FDA report to develop a PR strategy?
- What would this strategy include and why? Be specific in your recommendations.
- Next, organizations and their stakeholders have consequences for each other. What stakeholders do has some impact on the organization, and vice versa. Stakeholders have expectations of an organization and the organization owes them some level of accountability. Stakeholders may have a financial investment, but their investment also could be intangible, such as time, energy, loyalty, self-identification, and dependency. Penn State has undergone negative publicity surrounding the Sandusky scandal. Prior to the scandal, Penn State had a great reputation. It was considered to be a high prestige university. Write 1 paragraph for each question below.
- Explain how the university's relationship with various stakeholders groups was impacted by the Penn State scandal.
- How did the university’s response influence each stakeholder group's response?
- What PR activities, if any, could they have done differently to better manage the university's reputation?
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of Tools & Resources page.
This question was asked on Jul 19, 2016 and answered on Jul 21, 2016 for the course MAR 3310-1 at Everest University Orlando campus.
Recently Asked Questions
- 4. For the production function Q = 6 L 2 − L 3 , fill in the following table and state how much the firm should produce so that:
- 16. Admission to public concerts was A. affordable only by the wealthiest of the nobility. B. fairly expensive. C.
- Guided Project 2-3 (Mac 2016 Version) Sierra Pacific Community College District (SPCCD) consists of four individual community colleges. The workbook for this