- In C++, code a search algorithm that searches a list of strings for a particular song. The searching algorithm will have two inputs: the playlist, which is a string array that contains a list of songs in alphabetical order; and a particular song, which is a string. If the song is found in the list, the algorithm will return the index of the song, and it will return -1 otherwise.
- This searching algorithm will employ a divide-and-conquer approach similar to that in binary search, but with a slight variation. In binary search, a list is split in 2 sublists during each step; however, build and algorithm that splits the list into 3 sublists during each step.
- What is the time complexity (in Big-O notation) of your algorithm with respect to the size of the playlist?
- How does this time complexity compare to the time complexity of binary search (in terms of Big-O)?
Recently Asked Questions
- The Training Method and Process Introduction: An HR Manager or Director often acts as a researcher in first determining what the problem is and then finding
- The PMHNP is caring for four patients. Which patient statement indicates that benzodiazepines would be beneficial? A. "I have a substance abuse history"
- G repairs electronic calculators. The wages budget for the last period was based on a standard repair time of 24 minutes per calculator and a standard wage