et g be a function that is defined for all x, x ≠ 2, such that g(3) = 4 and the derivative of g
g′(x) = (x^2 - 16)/(x-2) with x ≠ 2.
- Find all values of x where the graph of g has a critical value.
- For each critical value, state whether the graph of g has a local maximum, local minimum, or neither. You must justify your answers with a complete sentence.
- On what intervals is the graph of g concave down? Justify your answer.
- Calculate equation for the tangent line to the graph of g at the point where x = 3.
- Does this tangent line lie above or below the graph at this point? Justify your answer.
Need help understanding these questions. Thank you.
1- (Critical points is x = 4 and x = -4) (Answer) 2- The function has a local maximum at both x = -4... View the full answer