Please do not use integrals.
F is a differentiable function with a domain of -5.5≤x≤3.5. The graph of f' is the graph above. The graph f' has horizontal tangents at x=-3,-1,1.
1) Find the average rate of change f' on the interval -3≤x≤1
2) Does there have to be a value, k, that exists for -3<k<1 such that f''(k) is equal to the average rate of change from question 1? Show all work.
3) Let h(x)=ln(x)cos(f(x)). It's known that f(-3)=8 so find the value of h'(-3).
4) Find the x-coordinate of each critical point of f on the interval-5.5<x<3.5. Show all work.
5) Identify all critical points from question 4 as a relative minimum, relative maximum, or neither for f. Show all work.
204,222 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses