1.during replication, what enzyme opens up or unzips H-bonds between nitrogen bases?_____________
2. what is the name of the bonds between two deoxyriboses in DNA? ___________________________
4. lipolysis is the breakdown of________
5. in the metabolism of glucose, the end product of glycolysis is two molecule of ____________ which cannot be stored.
6.what are essential aminoacids?______________
7.The following are required for metabolism: vitamins, enzymes, metals, ATP, coenzyme A, and the electron carriers ______ and ____.
8.____ this is electron carrier takes electrons from complex I to complex III
9. What is the function of kinases in glycolysis?
11. the metabolism of glucose in anaerobic conditions can produce ____ _____
12. Main goal of metabolism is to store energy in the molecule of ______ through their phosphoanhydride bond.
15. How is NAD+ regenerated in highly active muscle?
16. The end product of glycolysis is not stored, it can form ethanol, ______ or ______
17. The link molecule between glycolysis and the citric acid cycle is the molecule of ____
18. Carbons in CAC cycle get oxidized to ________ and electrons exit as reduced coenzymes ______ and ______, while one equivalent to ATP, _________ high energy molecule is produced.
19. NADH and FADH2 in the citric acid cycle will enter the ________
20. Electrons charging membrane proteins and cytochrome help the creation of a _________ gradient.
21. When protons return via ________ enzyme ATP is released
22. In the oxidative phosphorylation oxygen is reduced to ____________
23. Another name for the electron transport chain is cellular _______________
24. Metabolism of fatty acids requires the ______________
25. Two carbon units are removed in each turn during __________________ fatty acids.
26. Cythochromes are enzymes that _________________ which are part of the
27. The byproducts of the oxidative phosphorylation are NAD+, FAD, ________________ and ____________
28. What is beta oxidation of fatty acids?
29. the function of the proton gradient is______________?
30. what is the function of ketone bodies.?______________________
Here is a detailed explanation... View the full answer