View the step-by-step solution to:

Clathrate compounds contain small molecules like water in them. Methane clathrate (methane hydrate) has 1 mole of methane for 5.75 moles of water.

Clathrate compounds contain small molecules like water in them. Methane clathrate (methane hydrate) has 1 mole of methane for 5.75 moles of water. Calculate the mass of methane released on heating of 1 kg of a clathrate deposit that contains 1% by weight of the deposit is the hydrate and remaining 99% minerals.

Top Answer

Hydrate Means WATER 1% of deposit is hydrate(Water) thus 1/100 x 1000g = 10g is the hydrate(H2O) Moles of water = mass /... View the full answer

1 comment
  • Feel free to ask for any clarification if any. Thank you.
    • mercenary
    • Apr 01, 2018 at 1:32pm

Sign up to view the full answer

Other Answers

mass of clathrate deposit=1% of 1kg=0.01kg=10g 1 mole of methane clathrate has 1 mole of methane and... View the full answer

The mass of methane... View the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

-

Educational Resources
  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question
Ask a homework question - tutors are online