Consider the reaction
2CO2(g) + 5H2(g)---->C2H2(g) + 4H2O(g)
for which H° = 46.50 kJ and S° = -124.8 J/K at 298.15 K.
(1) Calculate the entropy change of the UNIVERSE when 1.750 moles of CO2(g) react under standard conditions at 298.15 K.
delta Suniverse = ________J/K
(2) Is this reaction reactant or product favored under standard conditions?
_________(reactant or product)
(3) If the reaction is product favored, is it enthalpy favored, entropy favored, or favored by both enthalpy and entropy? If the reaction is reactant favored, choose 'reactant favored'.
_________ (enthalpy or entropy or both or reactant favored)
Recently Asked Questions
- 1. Consider the spectrum shown below where the spectrum is assume to have BW of B centered at frequency fo .
- Suppose that the random variables Y1 and Y2 have joint PDF f(y1,y2) given by:
- Which of the following complexes is the strongest acid? (A) [Au(OH2)2]+ (B) [Cu(OH2)6]2+ (C) [Ru(OH2)6]3+ (D) [Ti(OH2)6]4+ (E) [V(OH2)6]5+