The daily output of stomach acid (gastric juice) is 1000 mL to 2000 mL. Prior to a meal, stomach acid (HCl) typically has a pH of 1.42. (14.6, 14.7, 14.8)
- One chewable tablet of the antacid Maalox contains 600. mg of CaCO3. Write the neutralization equation and calculate the milliliters of stomach acid neutralized by two tablets of Maalox.
- The antacid milk of magnesia contains 400. mg of Mg(OH)2 per teaspoon. Write the balanced equation for the neutralization and calculate the number of milliliters of stomach acid that are neutralized by 1 tablespoon of milk of magnesia (1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons).
Recently Asked Questions
- 1) Describe the goals and limitations of the Second Wave. What were the goals of the Second Wave? How did these women organize the movement, and what
- There are many reasons that a company may lease assets rather than buy them. Describe as many reasons as you can.
- What is a leveraged buyout (LBO)? Under what circumstances is an LBO likely to be successful?