The daily output of stomach acid (gastric juice) is 1000 mL to 2000 mL. Prior to a meal, stomach acid (HCl) typically has a pH of 1.42. (14.6, 14.7, 14.8)
- One chewable tablet of the antacid Maalox contains 600. mg of CaCO3. Write the neutralization equation and calculate the milliliters of stomach acid neutralized by two tablets of Maalox.
- The antacid milk of magnesia contains 400. mg of Mg(OH)2 per teaspoon. Write the balanced equation for the neutralization and calculate the number of milliliters of stomach acid that are neutralized by 1 tablespoon of milk of magnesia (1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons).
Recently Asked Questions
- How might the firm's level of business risk affect the optimal capital structure? please answer in a paragraph.
- I need an answer ASAP please I am so short on time
- An 11-year old girl is seen in her pediatrician's office. Her mother has scheduled an appointment because she is concerned that her daughter is developing