Can someone help me write the equations for henrys law and raoults law (not necessarily solve them) for this question please??
A 1 m3 volume of water at 25°C initially contains 40 mg L-1 dissolved O2 and 1200 mg L-1 dissolved CO2 in a closed vessel with a large gas space of 10 m3 above the water. The solution can be considered to be ideally dilute. The gas space initially contains air at ambient conditions (i.e., 25°C, 1 atm total pressure, PO2 = 0.21 atm). The air initially contains no CO2.
The following information is known about the system:
· Henry's Law constant (on a mole fraction basis) for O2 in water = 4.35 x 104 atm at 25°C.
· Henry's Law constant (on a mole fraction basis) for CO2 in water = 1638.5 atm at 25°C.
· Enthalpy of solution of CO2 in water = -18,800 J mol-1.
· Enthalpy of solution of O2 in water = -15,400 J mol-1
· Density of water = 1 kg L-1.
Neglect the vapour pressure of water, determine the concentrations (in units of mg L-1) of dissolved O2 and CO2 remaining in solution when equilibrium between the two phases is reached at 25°C.
Recently Asked Questions
- Due at 11:59pm please help Work and Career Assessment Submit Assignment Due Saturday by 11:59pm Points 15 Submitting a text entry box or a file
- Suppose circumstances have allowed several large firms to have all or most of the sales in an industry. This may result in an oligopoly. a natural monopoly.
- What is Evelyn Fox Keller main argument Feminism and Science Evelyn Fox Keller