Experiment 1: Remove the Water of Hydration from Copper Sulfate HydrateLab Results
- Record the following
data in the table below.
- Explain why the mass of the crucible and anhydrous salt is less than the mass of the crucible and the hydrate.
- Perform the calculations and record the following data in the table below. What is the empirical formula of the copper sulfate hydrate? The molar mass of water is 18.015 g/mol and the molar mass of anhydrous copper sulfate is 159.609 g/mol. Show your calculations.
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider the unbalanced chemical equation below: CaSiO 3 ( s ) + HF( g ) CaF 2 ( aq ) + SiF 4 ( g ) + H 2 O( l ) Suppose a 33.2 g sample of CaSiO 3 is reacted
- Which of the following ions is linear? SCN- NO2- SO3 2- NH4+ SO2 2-
- Assume for this problem that 20 drops exactly equal 1 mL. A student places 2 drops of 12.0 M HCl in a test tube. How many drops of water must she add to the